Tuesday 1 September 2009

Creative Overflow ....

Hi, I'm Penny - a complete artaholic with a passion for grunge! I don't seem to pull off 'pretty' very well although I have been known to turn my hand in that direction occasionally. I tend towards revival in my art - I love to breathe new life into all things old, unloved and abandoned! Paper has always been important to me. As a child I regularly spent all my pocket money on paper just so that I could stack it up and admire the way it looked on my shelves! I guess I should've known then that there was no hope for me.

I've had the good fortune to attend lots of great classes where I've learnt many of the techniques that I've used in my many makes. I also meet regularly with a group of friends for an ATC swap which is always fun and usually a challenge. We swap ideas and share things we've learnt so it's a constant source of learning and laughter.

I'm an old hand at the charity shop and boot sale rustle for arty bits and things in need of rescue - thus the collection of other unknown people's family photos - how can they just chuck 'em out?! I've often been caught rummaging in other people's skips and have been known to photograph cracks in the pavement.

I'm a firm believer that all surfaces are a potential canvas waiting to be filled and that art is meant to be FUN! Most of what I do in my tiny art room is PLAY and if something works well it will find itself incorporated in my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting and sharing your thoughts