Wednesday 2 September 2009

BUTTERFLY

I offer this butterfly up as evidence that I can do pretty!
Butterfly was the theme for a recent ATC challenge and I must say that it is probably my favourite theme ever. Loved the atcs the group produced - all very different to one another but made a lovely group as a whole.
I used Glimmer Mists to create the background. I sprayed the mists onto a piece of glossy tissue in an old photo album - it was already naturally beautifully creased, and I put a piece of plain white card under the tissue and simply closed the book. Left it for a short while and then - voila! I was really surprised and delighted with the result.
Found a great quote about butterflies - 'The butterfly is a flying flower, The flower a tethered butterfly' (Lebrun).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting and sharing your thoughts