Wednesday 2 September 2009

Mannequin

I can sense a Mannequin theme developing! This was the birthday card which I made this week for my dear friend Sue who's age shall remain unmentioned. Inspiration came from recent edition of the Craft Stamper magazine. A rare departure for me to follow instructions but I liked this so much I just had to!
The image was stamped in Distress Inks and the background piece used up the residue! A great technique which I thought was very effective. Again, I particularly liked the randomness of the outcome.
Next year Sue and I will have known each other for 40 years which seems quite unbelievable to me. Sue is my cat loving friend who introduced me to the whole notion of rubber stamping - for which I'm eternally grateful - and, she's also my phone-a-friend when it comes to the Sunday morning crossword ritual. She's a whole lot more besides the things mentioned but she'll never forgive me if I gush! So all I will say, is HAPPIEST OF BIRTHDAYS SUE! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting and sharing your thoughts