Friday 25 September 2009

RUSTIC CHARM

Up with the lark this morning I decided to get it together to fill this fabulous frame set that had been hanging around empty for a couple of months. The frame was one of my most treasured charity shop finds and cost me only £1.20 - bargain! Its very weathered looking which I love. It really does look like its been unearthed from a corner of the attic somewhere. So, feeling inspired but still half asleep I made it into the playroom and went for it.
I made my background by spraying Glimmer Mists in Gingerbread, Autumn Leaves and Burnt Red onto a piece of crumpled tissue divider in a photo album. I put my white card under the tissue, closed the book and when I opened it again, voila! I decided not to make this difficult so, once I'd chosen just the right shade of brown ink to stamp in (a brown from the Colorbox Fresco assortment) it was just a case of selecting 5 images to stamp. This didn't take long as I have a selection of favoured stamps which I can always lay my hands on instantly. The images don't necessarily link but I decided not to over complicate things by trying to make that happen. This took me about an hour and a half and I really like the result which is already up and hanging on the wall. And the best bit was, by the time I'd finished, it was time to get up. Yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting and sharing your thoughts