Sunday 7 February 2010

ALWAYS READY TO PARTY

I seem to be having a bit of an obsession with parties right now. I guess it's all the 50th birthday celebrations going on around me this year. It made me wonder how come I know so many people turning the same age at around the same time and that made me realise how lucky I am. Because, of course, I went to school with most of these women and that in turn, means we've been friends for an inordinate amount of time!
So, the three generations of Party Girls in my atc are there to salute all you wonderful women turning 50 this year. Just this week there's been JAN O, WENDY and Sara.
Sadly I'm not in regular touch with all of the three of you - outta touch with one, pretty much and only just back in touch with another after a long absence, but, girls I gotta say that when I look back over the past 50 years, you've featured really highly in many of those years and I've got some wild and wicked memories courtesy of you. I think of you as very good friends and like I say, I count myself lucky to have had the privelege.

2 comments:

  1. hello! :) first, please let me thank you for stopping by my blog and playing in the word game

    hope to see you at www.myladydujour.com where i have some art of mine there on todays post
    and
    at www.adivashammer.com where i have some lovely flowers with poetry.

    not that i expect to drop your life and become my biggest fan, LOL but i have had pneumonia and so blog writing is about all i have that is currently productive..LOL (so shameless promotion, as my beloved calls it, appears to be stock and trade)...i call it making new friends.

    in reading your post, i think it is wonderful tribute to your childhood/school friends. so many times go by without us ever really saying thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that's sweet. Sadly because I left the place where I grew up then my mum moved away - then I travelled a great deal I don't really hear from school friends. However did meet up with one in October & we felt like we were seventeen again !

    Most of my friends here are fifty or will be this year. I'm 47 this week - there are one or two really young ones at 42/ 43 !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting and sharing your thoughts