Thursday 23 May 2013

Sideshow

BEFORE
AFTER

I found this Winnie-the-Pooh clock box in one of my many scavenges through the charity shops and I just knew it was for me to try to upcycle it and paid 50p for it. I started to alter it many months ago and then, as so often happens, my desk disappeared under a pile of nonsense and my real life intervened - my project only recently re-emerged after an epic tidy - I am not known for these!

So there I was, with the base all painted. I always knew I wanted to use my palmistry hand in the aperture, but beyond that, I really hadn't a clue. I'm happy with the end result although I wish now that I'd fancified the wings a little more ... they may yet have a second attempt.

I've struggled to make art, both time and inspiration wise for long months now and its a relief to finally have managed to make something. Now .... its just a question of maintaining the momentum .... any ideas  how to do that? I guess first and foremost, I need to keep my desk clear of all non-arty things and occasionally raise my gaze from the pages of a book! x

3 comments:

  1. It's good to see you back, Penny. I've missed you!
    I love how you have altered the clock box. Such a transformation! Fab work, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's lovely to see you blogging and that after shot is fantastic, I've got a box of 'alterables' really should try and make a dent in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'renovation' of this piece, great work.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting and sharing your thoughts