Thursday 3 September 2009

OH TO BE ORGANISED

Under here somewhere, is my desk! I know its there because, every once in a while, I make a mammoth excavation to uncover it. I did this only recently but as you can see, it won't be long before it sinks back into oblivion! Oh how I wish I was one of those organised souls who has everything in its place and labelled so there's no doubt as to what it is but, the reality is, I can only seem to create in/out of utter chaos. I guess I'm better at creating than I am at cleaning! I never wanted my tombstone to be inscribed with the words 'She kept a clean house' tho' so, maybe its quite ok to be a mess. I do, however, spend countless amounts of time searching for stuff I've mislaid which can be frustrating. If there's a happy medium out there could someone please tell me how to achieve it? In fact, could someone say anything at all?!
Anyway, my playroom (as it's affectionately known) is the spare room converted when my daughter moved out. Its tiny but packed rammo with every kind of crafting goody I've thought of. I have spent many happy hours in there during periods of insomnia which seemed to be when I got most done. In fact, I was interviewed about my insomnia once and it was suggested to me that the reason I had insomnia was because the muse was calling to me to get up and make something! That comment stayed with me, and reframed the way I viewed and used my insomnia as a positive addition to my life. However, (touchwood) the insomnia seems to be a thing of the past. Fitting in crafting has got more tricky as a result but at least I'm not scraping my knuckles along the floor anymore!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting and sharing your thoughts