Friday 30 October 2009

LADY IN WAITING

This is the third of my 'fill a frame a week' challenge to myself. Its been a long time coming because this week I've hardly made it into my artroom. Picked the flowered frame up in a charity shop when it was painted magnolia and in need of tlc. Painted it in black acrylic paint (thankyou Jo!) and then highlighted the floral design with rub ons. Really got carried away with the rubons - probably my all time favourite product - and ended up using it all over the frame which, I think, really brought it to life. Had no idea what I was going to put in it until this morning when I came across the image of the woman's face in my scrapbox. I've fallen in love all over again with the contents of this box and am using it as a starting place for all sorts now. She was very silvery and a bit crackled. Tried her out on many different coloured backgrounds but nothing really worked and so, I continued with the black and silver theme and was happy with what appeared. It is so rare that I stamp anything and am pleased with my first attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for visiting and sharing your thoughts