Tuesday 13 April 2010

BY THE LIGHT OF THE SILVERY MOON

This .... should've been so simple. But honestly, it has taken me at least 4 hours to get to where I want to be with this ATC. It went through various stages before I could even get one right. I knew what I wanted but, I couldn't make it happen. The brayer nearly ended up out the window, I've created an embarressing amount of waste, used half a roll of masking tape and generally got my knickers in a twist over it. Initially I had floral elements reaching into the moon from the bottom of the piece but nothing I tried looked any good or needed a border along the top which I wasn't happy with. Then .... suddenly .... it hit me.... the flowers needed to come DOWN from the top instead. Now I am happy. Who would've thought such a simple idea could become such a performance? I guess we've all been there ...?

7 comments:

  1. That was the perfect touch- gives it such a romantic or whimsical feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely worth all the effort it looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, Penny! I knew it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to hear the story of your creative process :)
    and I'm glad your brayer didn't actually go out the window :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. like a lovely wisteria or laburnum hanging down - gorgeous.

    I understand what your friend felt ... when I met up with friends I'd known in Israel I'd get tearful & sad missing it so much - now it all seems like a lifetime ago !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this is fantastic and will SO fit with the TIO challenge I am about to post!!! Please enter it... Thanks SO much for your generous comments on my blog
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for visiting and sharing your thoughts